Mandy Snell, business coach + project manager
Mandy Snell talks about how she started a coaching practice that felt "like her," and how her project management experience sets her apart.
In this episode, business coach Mandy Snell tells us more about her experience starting a franchise while retaining an authentic brand, plus she talks about how her project management experience sets her apart and how she overcame imposter syndrome feelings.
Here are a few things you'll learn:
- What are the differences between coaching and consulting?
- The problem with taking tons of free courses (hint: you need to take action!)
- How Mandy set up her business as part of a business coaching franchise, along with the actions she took to make sure her site and business were still personalized and felt like her
- The advantages to using a franchise to start your coaching business (as well as the disadvantages and how to make sure a specific franchise is the right fit for you).
- The specific strategy Mandy used to overcome imposter syndrome
An exercise Mandy recommends to take a look at the women who inspire you and what you can learn from the trends you find.
- Mandy recommends The Coaching Habit by Michael Bungay Stanier to become a better coach, listeners, and networker
- How Sheryl Sandberg’s books have had an influence on Mandy
GUEST SPOTLIGHT: Mandy Snell
Mandy is the Managing Director of FocalPoint Business Coaching of Virginia. She is a Business Coach and certified Project Manager who believes that people accomplish more when inspired by a purpose bigger than themselves.
In her own words, “I use my experience as a project manager and former intelligence analyst to help business owners figure out practical ways to improve their businesses, 15 minutes at a time.”
CONNECT WITH MANDY